GStreamerD in Debian and Fedora

From what I can tell, neither Debian nor Fedora packages of GtkD include GStreamerD. Does anyone know the packagers to see if they will change the packaging to include GStreamerD? If not I will add a bug report to both distributions and see what happens.

Re: GStreamerD in Debian and Fedora

On 04/27/2016 05:38 PM, Russel Winder wrote:

From what I can tell, neither Debian nor Fedora packages of GtkD include GStreamerD. Does anyone know the packagers to see if they will change the packaging to include GStreamerD? If not I will add a bug report to both distributions and see what happens.

I'll see if i can contact them.

From what I can tell gstreamerd is in Debian Sid but not in Fedora Rawhide, as at 2017-05-26. Is there any chance of chivvying them?

Now that I can get stuff from Dub using SCons, I may just use that mechanism and create a statically linked GtkD/GStreamerD executable – though I fear linking will take forever and thus slow development.

On 05/26/2017 02:39 PM, Russel Winder wrote:

Now that I can get stuff from Dub using SCons, I may just use that mechanism and create a statically linked GtkD/GStreamerD executable – though I fear linking will take forever and thus slow development.

Wouldn't need to link in either case?

I am (kind of) assuming that Dub will only generate archive files, not shared objects, and so link phase of an application will include the full copying thing, rather than just noting which shared object to link to at run time.

On Wed, 27 Apr 2016 15:38:17 GMT, Russel Winder wrote:

This now appears incorrect, but then 14 months have passed. Debian packages GStreamerD as a separate package from GtkD (still version 3.5.1 though) whereas Fedora Rawhide package the gstreamerd library as part of the GtkD package (version 3.6.5).