Pages: 1 2

2020 GtkD Blog Posts

For whatever reason, I can't seem to post in the thread I started last year. Perhaps because there are 100 replies? Don't know. Anyway, here's a new thread announcing GtkDcoding Blog Posts for 2020 starting with:

When is a Titlebar not a Titlebar? When it's a HeaderBar.

Today's post starts an examination of the HeaderBar and it's capabilities. You can find it here.

Re: 2020 GtkD Blog Posts

Wanna know how to rearrange the contents of your HeaderBar? Or add extra widgets to that same HeaderBar? Then come on over to the GtkD Coding Blog and have a read.

Today's post was requested by Joel Christensen, how to have one button affect another. You can find it here.

Today marks the 100th post on the GtkDcoding blog where we continue with Button interactions. You can find it here.

After today, I'll be on hiatus from the blog and posts may be sporadic.

I've been meaning to move these announcements into the Announce sub-forum for quite some time. But as each posting day came up, my brain would go on auto-pilot and I'd end up putting them in the Learn sub-forum instead.

Today, I'm hoping all that will change. From now on, these announcements will be done here and to kick things off...

Blog Post #101, as the title says, will go over some GTK 4 compliance issues as regards coloured Labels. Way back in post #0022, we build a Grid with alternating grid square colours. Today, we reproduce that Grid in a GTK 4-compliance way. You can find the post here.

Enjoy!

An alternative Grid spacing mechanism is revealed in this, the 102nd GtkDcoding blog post. You can find it here.

Welcome to March and another new blog post. This time, we'll talk about the opacity of widgets. As usual, just follow the link.

Almost the ides of March and time for another GtkD blog post. Carrying on from last time, we look at some other aspects of widget opacity. Read all about it right here.

Today starts a new series I'm calling Snippets and it's about various D-specific stuff that may come in handy when building a GUI. You can find it right here.

Today we pick apart a D-specific implementation of the Observer pattern in preparation for a GUI use-case we'll look at next time. You can find the article right here.

Pages: 1 2