GtkD Windows vs Linux differences

The demos TestWindow example on Linux has many additional tabs compared with the same example on Windows, including: Drawing, Text, and Image.

Why is this?

Is it possible to create custom widgets using GtkD that will work on both Linux and Windows?

I want to create a widget which I can draw myself and handle key and mouse presses, and which will work on Linux and Windows.

Re: GtkD Windows vs Linux differences

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 09:58:57 GMT, mark wrote:

The demos TestWindow example on Linux has many additional tabs compared with the same example on Windows, including: Drawing, Text, and Image.

Why is this?

Is it possible to create custom widgets using GtkD that will work on both Linux and Windows?

I want to create a widget which I can draw myself and handle key and mouse presses, and which will work on Linux and Windows.

Well, I just subclassed DrawingArea and can draw a rectangle and it works on Linux and Windows.

So I hope that the additional tabs are made available in TestWindow on Windows so that people realise it can be done.

Why is this?

Which example file are you referring to? With over 200 demo files, I'll need a bit more to go on. Give me a link and I'll look into it.

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 18:46:41 GMT, Ron Tarrant wrote:

Why is this?
Which example file are you referring to? With over 200 demo files, I'll need a bit more to go on. Give me a link and I'll look into it.

https://github.com/gtkd-developers/GtkD/tree/master/demos/gtkD/TestWindow

For both Linux and Windows I downloaded gtkD-3.9.0.zip from https://gtkd.org/ and just unzipped and then did dub add-path.

BTW It would also be nice if you could make it so that a release build didn't start a console Window when double-clicked in Windows Explorer.

On Mon, 17 Feb 2020 19:36:56 GMT, mark wrote:

https://github.com/gtkd-developers/GtkD/tree/master/demos/gtkD/TestWindow

My bad. I thought you were referring to one of the demos from GtkDcoding.com. I'll bow out at this point and let Mike field your questions.

On 17-02-2020 05:58, mark wrote:

Why is this?

They were disabled on windows because they didn't work there, this may
have change in the meantime tough.

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 05:30:38 -0400, Mike Wey wrote:

On 17-02-2020 05:58, mark wrote:

Why is this?

They were disabled on windows because they didn't work there, this may
have change in the meantime tough.

I just tried them all on Windows by getting rid of the version(linux). The Drawing, Text, and Idle ones all work. The Image one shows "missing image" icons -- but that's also true on Linux. The gtk-demo's Text View works, and on both Linux and Windows its Editable Cells does nothing.