windows build is broken

So I install the brand new version of DMD, unpack the brand new GtkD, open a shell and type, as per the Wiki, rdmd Build.c

What happens? Some build magic? No, I'm presented with: "Error: undefined identifier executeShell"

After poking around for a while I change the executeshell call to system, and try it again:

C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin....\src\phobos\std\bitmanip.d(77): Error: shift by 32 is
outside the range 0..31
C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin....\src\phobos\std\bitmanip.d(160): Error: template inst
ance std.bitmanip.createAccessors!("julianDaysjuliandmydaymonthyear", uin<br>t, "julianDays", 32, 0u) error instantiating<br>C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos\std\bitmanip.d(214): instantiated<br>from here: createFields!("julianDaysjuliandmydaymonthyear", 0, uint, "jul
ianDays", 32, uint, "julian", 1, uint, "dmy", 1, uint, "day", 6, uint, "month",
4, uint, "year", 16, uint, "", 4)
src\gtkc\glibtypes.d(3624): instantiated from here: bitfields!(uint, "jul
ianDays", 32, uint, "julian", 1, uint, "dmy", 1, uint, "day", 6, uint, "month",
4, uint, "year", 16, uint, "", 4)
C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin....\src\phobos\std\bitmanip.d(214): Error: template inst
ance std.bitmanip.createFields!("julianDaysjuliandmydaymonthyear", 0, uin<br>t, "julianDays", 32, uint, "julian", 1, uint, "dmy", 1, uint, "day", 6, uint, "m<br>onth", 4, uint, "year", 16, uint, "", 4) error instantiating<br>src\gtkc\glibtypes.d(3624): instantiated from here: bitfields!(uint, "jul<br>ianDays", 32, uint, "julian", 1, uint, "dmy", 1, uint, "day", 6, uint, "month",<br>4, uint, "year", 16, uint, "", 4)<br>src\gtkc\glibtypes.d(3624): Error: template instance std.bitmanip.bitfields!(uin<br>t, "julianDays", 32, uint, "julian", 1, uint, "dmy", 1, uint, "day", 6, uint, "m<br>onth", 4, uint, "year", 16, uint, "", 4) error instantiating<br>C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos\std\bitmanip.d(77): Error: shift by 32 is<br> outside the range 0..31<br>C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos\std\bitmanip.d(160): Error: template inst<br>ance std.bitmanip.createAccessors!("mantissaLowmantissaHighbiasedExponentsig<br>n", uint, "mantissaLow", 32, 0u) error instantiating<br>C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos\std\bitmanip.d(214): instantiated<br>from here: createFields!("mantissaLowmantissaHighbiasedExponentsign", 0, uin<br>t, "mantissaLow", 32, uint, "mantissaHigh", 20, uint, "biasedExponent", 11, uint<br>, "sign", 1)<br>src\gtkc\glibtypes.d(3672): instantiated from here: bitfields!(uint, "man<br>tissaLow", 32, uint, "mantissaHigh", 20, uint, "biasedExponent", 11, uint, "sign<br>", 1)<br>C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos\std\bitmanip.d(214): Error: template inst<br>ance std.bitmanip.createFields!("mantissaLowmantissaHighbiasedExponent_sign",
0, uint, "mantissaLow", 32, uint, "mantissaHigh", 20, uint, "biasedExponent", 1
1, uint, "sign", 1) error instantiating
src\gtkc\glibtypes.d(3672): instantiated from here: bitfields!(uint, "man
tissaLow", 32, uint, "mantissaHigh", 20, uint, "biasedExponent", 11, uint, "sign
", 1)
src\gtkc\glibtypes.d(3672): Error: template instance std.bitmanip.bitfields!(uin
t, "mantissaLow", 32, uint, "mantissaHigh", 20, uint, "biasedExponent", 11, uint
, "sign", 1) error instantiating
src\gobject\TypeModule.d(232): Error: function gobject.TypeModule.TypeModule.use
of type bool() overrides but is not covariant with gobject.TypePluginIF.TypePlu
ginIF.use of type void()
src\gtkc\gtktypes.d(10848): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ("gtk-ab
out") of type string to int
src\gtkc\gtktypes.d(10854): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ("gtk-ad
d") of type string to int
src\gtkc\gtktypes.d(10860): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ("gtk-ap
ply") of type string to int
src\gtkc\gtktypes.d(10866): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ("gtk-bo
ld") of type string to int
src\gtkc\gtktypes.d(10872): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ("gtk-ca
ncel") of type string to int
src\gtkc\gtktypes.d(10878): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ("gtk-ca
ps-lock-warning") of type string to int
src\gtkc\gtktypes.d(10884): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ("gtk-cd
rom") of type string to int
src\gtkc\gtktypes.d(10890): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ("gtk-cl
ear") of type string to int
src\gtkc\gtktypes.d(10896): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ("gtk-cl
ose") of type string to int
src\gtkc\gtktypes.d(10900): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ("gtk-co
lor-picker") of type string to int
src\gtkc\gtktypes.d(10904): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ("gtk-co
nnect") of type string to int
src\gtkc\gtktypes.d(10908): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression ("gtk-co
nvert") of type string to int
Error: Error reading file 'gtkd.obj'
std.file.FileException@std\file.d(417): gtkd.obj: The system cannot find the fil
e specified.

0x00428364
0x004281EF
0x00410090
0x0040DE8C
0x0040DEC2
0x0040DAC5
0x004099D0
0x74F8338A in BaseThreadInitThunk
0x772C9F72 in RtlInitializeExceptionChain
0x772C9F45 in RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Also I built GtkD on FreeBSD with LDC, when I go to link the program I get this:

/home//gtkd/srcgl/glgtk/GLCapability.d(79): Deprecation: function gtk.Widget.Widget.addOnDraw is deprecated
/home//gtkd/libgtkdgl-3.a(glgdk.o):(.bss+0xb0): multiple definition of c_gdk_gl_context_get_current'<br>/home//gtkd/libgtkd-3.a(gdk.o):(.bss+0x648): first defined here<br>/home//gtkd/libgtkdgl-3.a(glgdk.o):(.bss+0xa0): multiple definition of cgdkglcontextgettype'<br>/home//gtkd/libgtkd-3.a(gdk.o):(.bss+0x638): first defined here<br>/home//gtkd/libgtkdgl-3.a(glgdk.o):(.bss+0xf0): multiple definition of `cgdkglcontextmakecurrent'
/home//gtkd/libgtkd-3.a(gdk.o):(.bss+0x688): first defined here
cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Error: /home//ldc/build/bin/gcc failed with status: 1

Re: windows build is broken

Also trying to use dub to build also bombs

On 05/22/2015 02:26 AM, Chris wrote:

So I install the brand new version of DMD, unpack the brand new GtkD, open a shell and type, as per the Wiki, rdmd Build.c

What happens? Some build magic? No, I'm presented with: "Error: undefined identifier executeShell"

From the errors it looks like you are using a fairly old version of dmd.
What does dmd -v tell you?

After poking around for a while I change the executeshell call to system, and try it again:

Also I built GtkD on FreeBSD with LDC, when I go to link the program I get this:

/home//gtkd/srcgl/glgtk/GLCapability.d(79): Deprecation: function gtk.Widget.Widget.addOnDraw is deprecated
/home//gtkd/libgtkdgl-3.a(glgdk.o):(.bss+0xb0): multiple definition of c_gdk_gl_context_get_current'<br>/home//gtkd/libgtkd-3.a(gdk.o):(.bss+0x648): first defined here<br>/home//gtkd/libgtkdgl-3.a(glgdk.o):(.bss+0xa0): multiple definition of cgdkglcontextgettype'<br>/home//gtkd/libgtkd-3.a(gdk.o):(.bss+0x638): first defined here<br>/home//gtkd/libgtkdgl-3.a(glgdk.o):(.bss+0xf0): multiple definition of `cgdkglcontextmakecurrent'
/home//gtkd/libgtkd-3.a(gdk.o):(.bss+0x688): first defined here
cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
Error: /home//ldc/build/bin/gcc failed with status: 1

I'll have to check these.

On Fri, 22 May 2015 19:39:53 +0200, Mike Wey wrote:

From the errors it looks like you are using a fairly old version of dmd.
What does dmd -v tell you?

C:\D>dmd -v
DMD32 D Compiler v2.062
Copyright (c) 1999-2012 by Digital Mars written by Walter Bright
Documentation: http://dlang.org/

So, if I make my way to the "Installing D" wiki page and click the "D Installer", that is the version of D that I get. I installed 2.067 and it compiled fine. Thank you for pointing that out.

I apologize for my tone, getting anything done with D has been an exercise in frustation :(