Current status on Windows 10

Hi, I'm planning to write a new GUI program, mostly on Linux, but I'd like it to run on Windows 10 as well. I've seen some posts about problems and only supporting 32bit on Windows.
Is that still the case?
I'm just trying to understand if gtk, gtkD and D on windows is a practical solution at this time.

(I tried Qt and C++, but that was just not for me.)

Chris

Re: Current status on Windows 10

On 01-11-18 21:39, Chris Bare wrote:

Hi, I'm planning to write a new GUI program, mostly on Linux, but I'd like it to run on Windows 10 as well. I've seen some posts about problems and only supporting 32bit on Windows.
Is that still the case?
I'm just trying to understand if gtk, gtkD and D on windows is a practical solution at this time.

(I tried Qt and C++, but that was just not for me.)

Chris

The GTK runtime is available for both 32 and 64 bits Windows, you can
use the installers available on gtkd.org or install gtk using msys2
https://www.msys2.org/.

If you want to run both 32 and 64 bit GTK aplications on the same
machine you will need to install both the 32 and 64 bit runtimes.

Re: Current status on Windows 10

On Thu, 01 Nov 2018 20:39:21 GMT, Chris Bare wrote:

I'm just getting started with gtkD myself, but I was using PHPgtk v2 as long ago as 2006 (unless the date stamps on those files are wrong, then it's been since 2009) and wrote s fully-blown desktop application with it.

So my take on this is that gtk on Windows is quite usable. I ran into something to do with treeviews that wasn't implemented (or wasn't implemented in a useful way) but that may have been fixed by now and was the only stumbling block I experienced. And I was digging pretty deeply into it for a series of tutorials I was working on at the time.

So far, I've run into some odd behaviours with GtkD, but no real show-stoppers.