On Thu, 30 May 2019 12:27:39 +0200, Mike Wey wrote:

On 30-05-2019 03:17, Alex X wrote:

On Thu, 30 May 2019 00:37:25 +0200, Mike Wey wrote:

I just updated to your new release and it does not crash, but the second time the window opens only the title bar shows.

I added your onDelete and it works!

Thanks.

Only question I have left is, what is the diff between a dialog and a window? is it just the extra plumbing such as a parallel wnd proc? Basically is there any real use using a dialog over a window? I'm just having them pop up for user interaction and design my own using glade. I don't see any difference. Both can be modal, etc.

The Dialog provides some functionality often used by dialogs, like
retrieving the the response from the user, blocking the parrent window,
and things like that.

But basically most of that can be done by a normal window? Basically if I can use a window and it's doing what I want then I really don't have to worry about it?

I didn't notice in difference in the libs from the new update. (the files were exactly the same size)

Also, what did chance was some icons now are much larger. Well, one is like 32x32 and is causing a row to be very large. Everything was defaulting before and was 16x16. Just curious. This was after updating the runtime.

Actually the icon is external so it hasn't changed... I'll just rescale it manually.

I'm not sure how GTK+ picks the icon size to use. Are there any icons in
particular that are causing issues?

Well, it was some external icons I got somewhere. The icons had multiple sizes in it, I removed all the ones byte the 16x16 and it's choosing the right size.

So somehow the update caused it to choose a different size. I think it was choosing the first one, but since i didn't touch the ico file before the algorithm for ordering them might have changed.

From what I remember, the first was 48x48 which looked right and that was largest so maybe the ordering was inverted by size(16x16 being the smallest).

In any case, the simple solution is to remove the other sizes.