Two announcements today...

First, today's post covers splitting a window into panes. You can find it here

Second, you'll notice some changes in the site. At the prompting of a bunch of people here and elsewhere, I've starting making the site more visual.

• The first step was to color-code the blog entries by topic.
  • You'll also notice that the first three posts from back in January now have screenshots. And just a quick tip of the hat to Michelle Long, Greatsam4sure, and sanyayss for suggesting it. It just took me a while to get organized enough to do it.

Future Facelist Plans

• get screenshots and any other appropriate graphics into each blog post. If there are any posts you think need something special, image wise, please let me know at: gtkdcoding over on gmail. (please suffix a dot and a com and shove an 'at' in the middle there)
  • icons for each topic will eventually appear alongside each link on the main page so as to make the topics even easier to pick out.

And if anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know those too. Due to time constraints, I won't promise to implement all of them, but I'll do my best.

Also, if anyone knows how to implement a non-paid commenting system on GitHub Pages, I'd appreciate some advice on how to go about it. I always have a hard time with systems involving three or more languages (like in this case: Jekyll, Liquid, HTML, markdown, CSS and Ruby.