On 27-07-17 18:22, Fredderic U wrote:

Brief Recap:

So. I'm on Windows, constrained resources (no Visual D, I'm actually using gvim and a web browser, which really takes me back to my GTK2 days…), I've got D, the GTK3 runtime, and GtkD, and have successfully put together a rather grotesque single-file conglomeration of an entire tutorial series on learning GtkD (it's got menu's that do nothing, buttons that print "Hello", a tree view with buttons and entry fields that sort of does something that's utterly useless, and a canvas with circles and boxes and jumpy dots). Good times.

The Why:

I'm planning to try use DUB for this (because it seems appropriate from what little I know of it — I could be wrong, though — more so however, I don't have anything else, and it seems like something else I should probably learn about), and I need to end up with a zip file my friend can simply unzip and click the one ending in .exe (in actual fact, my distribution method of choice will probably be Dropbox — it's a little past pastebin, I think — so I'll just share the "distribution" folder for now and they can run it directly). But, they've got a friend they've been collaborating with a bit, too, which they're probably going to want to give it to also, so I'll need to get it into a point-and-shoot zip at least in short order.

The Pointier:

I'm therefore looking for advice on how to lay out the build environment, configure DUB, where to put extra GTK resources like icons, Glade files (I presume there's a version of Glade for Windows? I haven't actually looked yet. Also part of "lay out the build environment"), all with a mind to eventually having a "publish distribution packages" button, including a self-installing Windows version, probably shoving it all up on GitHub, and moving into a cave in the mountains before the hate mail and angry tweets overtake what's left of my life and sanity.

I might be the wrong person to ask as i haven't written a sizable gtk(d)
application, and rarely use Windows. But structure it as any other project.

There used to be a sample project on Bitbucket but i can't seem to find it.

Distributing a zip with a single exe might be troublesome as GtkD
expects to find the GTK libraries on your PATH.

dub is probably the way to go, on windows you will run into a optlink
issue, https://issues.dlang.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15418 to get around that
pass --build=plain to dub so it doesn't build a debug version, which
is the default for dub.

There in a windows download for glade on https://glade.gnome.org