I am building GFontBrowser, a D program now replacing the C++ and Python experiments, that depends on GtkD on Debian Sid with LDC and GtkD provided by Debian packages. I am building using Meson.

Meson assumes that all pkg-config .pc files are using GCC format. Meson knows how to transform these for DMD and LDC. However the packaged GtkD .pc file assumes LDC format options. This means a Meson build fails.

ldc2  -of=gfontbrowser 'gfontbrowser@exe/source_about.d.o' 'gfontbrowser@exe/source_applicationWindow.d.o' 'gfontbrowser@exe/source_configuration.d.o' 'gfontbrowser@exe/source_fontCatalogue.d.o' 'gfontbrowser@exe/source_main.d.o' 'gfontbrowser@exe/source_presentation.d.o' -L=-L-L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ -L=-L-lgtkd-3 -L=-L-ldl -L=-lfontconfig -L=-lfreetype -L=-lpangoft2-1.0 -L=-lpango-1.0 -L=-lgobject-2.0 -L=-lglib-2.0 -L=-lfontconfig -L=-lfreetype  

leading a huge slew of error messages. I believe Meson is likely the future of build relating to GTK and GStreamer, and possibly more widely, so believe that GtkD should enforce outputing GCC options to the .pc file for distribution on Debian.