On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 19:27:38 +0100, Mike Wey wrote:

If it's an new application i would advise to use gtk.GLArea, i assume
that is not the case.

Hello, thanks for the pointer. I wasn't aware of GLArea, BTW it's missing in the online GktD documentation.

So I thought I could spend a couple hours getting my program to work using GLArea instead of the gtkgld library, and with DMD/32bit it "works" except showing black instead of drawing what it was supposed to. However with LDC/64bit I get an exception stating "The function you are calling is not pressent (sic) in your version of GTK+" upon my GLArea-derived object's constructor calling setAutoRender which left me scratching my head -- this was using the 3.18.3 runtime.

If I comment out setAutoRender I get the message again on the next method over, addEvents. So I gave up on that for now.

I used to compile the gtkglext libraries myself and the old Gtk runtime
installers include them, I will have to check if it still compiles with
the latest gtk.

I the meantime if you are not using any of the newer features, you can
use the old version from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtkd-packages/files/gtk3-runtime/

Indeed I found the DLLs with the 3.10 runtime. However when I compiled my program with it (the original version, using gtkgld) I get the message - "The function you are calling is not pressent (sic) in your version of GTK+". This is produced when calling the addFromFile method on a Builder object.

I thought I might get around it by installing the latest 64bit 3.18 runtime and copying the 3.10 missing DLLs over but still the same error remained.

I'm a wit's end again, thanks for the help so far though. Maybe I still can figure this out.