Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: The GtkDcoding Blog Post Announcement Post... ing

Tuesday creeps up on us again and it's time for yet another blog post. Today's instalment continues from last time with the multi-select version of the file open dialog.

Today's blog post over on gtkDcoding.com is about using a GTK dialog for saving a file. You can find it here

I also redid the titles for all posts to clarify and group them under various themes.

Good day to you all.

'Tis another Tuesday and time for a new blog post. This is a continuation of the series on Dialogs and further, a continuation of the mini-series-within-a-series on file Dialogs. The subject is in the title as is fitting for a blog post about putting things in the titlebar.

While doing screenshots for the gtkDcoding blog (See? I'm working on it.) I discovered something cool about signal callback chains in GtkD. So, I ended up rewriting the code and the blog post to include this coolness.

You can read it here.

Today's blog post covers a topic that was requested back in mid-April, the message dialog. Some of the extra info you may glean from today's post is:

• tracing widget inheritance to find a complete list of available functions, and
  • where to find the DialogFlags enum.

You can find it here.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

For the first blog instalment this week, we look at the ColorChooserDialog and discuss the differences between it and the ColorChooserButton as well as how to by-pass white as a default color.

You can find it here.

Today starts a mini-series within a series about rolling yer own Dialogs. And because aesthetics is such a big part of doing layout, we start with a mini crash course in design.

This is the second in a series (Custom Dialogs) within a series (Dialogs) and deals with the action area. It's available here.

Today sees the last of the mini-series on custom Dialog windows wherein we combine everything from the first two articles together into one final Dialog.

You can find it here.

Two announcements today...

First, today's post covers splitting a window into panes. You can find it here

Second, you'll notice some changes in the site. At the prompting of a bunch of people here and elsewhere, I've starting making the site more visual.

• The first step was to color-code the blog entries by topic.
  • You'll also notice that the first three posts from back in January now have screenshots. And just a quick tip of the hat to Michelle Long, Greatsam4sure, and sanyayss for suggesting it. It just took me a while to get organized enough to do it.

Future Facelist Plans

• get screenshots and any other appropriate graphics into each blog post. If there are any posts you think need something special, image wise, please let me know at: gtkdcoding over on gmail. (please suffix a dot and a com and shove an 'at' in the middle there)
  • icons for each topic will eventually appear alongside each link on the main page so as to make the topics even easier to pick out.

And if anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know those too. Due to time constraints, I won't promise to implement all of them, but I'll do my best.

Also, if anyone knows how to implement a non-paid commenting system on GitHub Pages, I'd appreciate some advice on how to go about it. I always have a hard time with systems involving three or more languages (like in this case: Jekyll, Liquid, HTML, markdown, CSS and Ruby.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11